TODAY IS AUSTRALIA DAY!!
Kinda like the 4th of July for Americans, every January 26th Australians will come together to drink excessively, listen to Triple J's Hottest 100 countdown, and act obnoxiously Australian.
We thought today would be a great day to give you a lesson in good ol' Aussie lingo. Keep scrolling to hear the best Aussie sayings according to our Australian designers and labels.
'Nah Mate' - It's simple yet effective.
- Nat Taubman, Designer & Founder
Emma Mulholland'Flamin Galah.'
- Emma Mulholland
Elvis Et Moi'You'll be alright mate.'
- Emilie Costechareyre, Designer & Founder
- Daniella Ciano, Womens Brand Manager
'She'll be apples' - pretty much means everything will be ok.
- Jacob Byrne, Mens Brand Manager
Dylan Kain'Yeah, nah mate!'
- Bonnie Davis, Brand Manager
Zulu & Zephyr'Stick a fork in me - I'm done.'
- Candice Rose, Director
By Charlotte'She’ll be right mate!'
- Charlotte Blakeney
Nana Judy'Have a good one.'
- Glenn Coleman, Designer & Founder
Mayde Towels'She’ll be right mate!'
- Slyvia Hill, Director
Pared Eyewear'Lets hit the frog & toad' (Lets hits the road).
- Sam Stevenson, Creative Director & Founder
P.E. Nation'Yeah, na.'
- Pip Edwards, Designer
'Good on ya.'
- Tanja Kovacevic, Designer
Sunday Somewhere'G’day mate.'
- Dave Allison, Creative Director
"I’ve never been one for colloquialism, but I do like the way Aussie’s make words sound cute – like mozzie’s for mosquitos."
- Alice McCall
Bec & Bridge
'She’ll be right.'
- Bec Cooper, Co-Founder
Assembly Label'Yeh Na.'
- Damien Horan, Creative Director
Sam: 'Throw-down' - small bottle of beer.
Bec: 'No worries.'
- Samuel and Bec Nolan, Head Mens and Womens Designers
Valley Eyewear'Fa fucks sake.'
- Michael Crawley, Designer
SOH Melbourne'Lets have a captain cook at that.'
- Nathan Brown, Head Of Design
Mi Goals'She'll be right.'
- Adam Jelic, Managing Director